This Code of Conduct has been drawn up to ensure that all Ambassadors on Outbound Journeys run by Friendship Force New Plymouth are aware of the expectations of the Ambassador Coordinator (AC) and of the other Ambassadors on the journey, in order to ensure everyone involved is able to relax and enjoy themselves and get the maximum benefit from their journey experience.
- The Ambassador Coordinator (AC) of this journey has been chosen by Friendship Force New Plymouth and given authority by Friendship Force International to lead and conduct this journey in the best interests of all parties concerned. Ambassadors must agree to always follow the directions and instructions of the AC.
- As an ambassador, you must be aware that your actions reflect on New Zealand, on New Plymouth, and on Friendship Force New Plymouth. You will be expected to always conduct yourself in an exemplary manner.
- You will travel with a positive, open mind and remember that you are a guest in a foreign country and have no rights to criticise people, their religion, customs or government.
- You will always stay positive and respectful and will consider the impact on others of what you say and your reaction to situations.
- You will always consider the needs of other Ambassadors and your hosts and will not put your own needs before those of others.
- You will not at any time criticise your hosts to the other Ambassadors or listen to them criticise their hosts to you. If any difficulties are encountered with your host, you agree to raise these with the Ambassador Coordinator AC only.
- You undertake to take a full part in all the scheduled activities of the journey unless these scheduled activities have been clearly described as optional.
- When travelling between journeys you agree that you will follow the instructions and directions of the AC and will not deviate from what has been arranged without the clear consent of the AC.
- You must be willing to help offset the costs of your hosts by offering to buy your lunches or other casual meals, and to share and contribute to other costs when appropriate. It is customary to take your hosts to dinner on one occasion for each journey.
Be yourself but be your BEST self!
Updated 4 September 2021